Image Map

Hearty Pot Roast with Carrots & Potatoes

09 August 2013



I love my slow cooker and now I found a great way to make an easy meal of Hearty Pot Roast with Potatoes & Carrots thanks to Kraft Recipe Makers.

Even though my husband and I don't have children yet, since my husband is a high school teacher, there' s always a little adjusting period at the beginning of a new school year. I get spoiled over the summer when my husband is out because he'll cook dinner during the week, but when school starts back up I'm always on the look out for easy, but healthy meals to make.



I had the opportunity to try Kraft Recipe Makers earlier this week. I found them on a shelf above the refrigerated meat at my local Vons. There were a few different types to try some in a skillet, a few in the oven, but I spotted one that uses the slow cooker and that had my name all over it. It also happened to be Pot Roast, which I really like. The back of the box listed out exactly how much of each of the ingredients you need - and I love how they were all fresh! It made shopping for the rest of my meal a cinch (and health too!)

All we had to do when we got home was shop up the onion and potato, then throw them in with the carrots, pot roast and the first sauce packer from the Recipe Makers box. It all cooked for a few hours and then a few minutes before we were ready to eat. I added the finishing sauce from the Recipe Makers box, which was this delicious gravy that made the food so rich and hearty. The flavors of the final dish were very good and all the ingredients went together well.


I loves how easy (and delicious!) this meal was. I think my only complaint would be that the box said it would make 7 servings. I don't really think it was enough food for 7 people, probably more like 4-5. I do have to say though the leftovers have been really good for lunch this week! I will definitely be keeping these meals in mind for dinners during the school year :)
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis