Image Map

My Favorite New iPad App

23 July 2013




I love discovering new apps - especially when it's an ad that will make it so much easier to read my favorite magazines. In the past few years I've subscribed to a few different magazines - like Martha Stewart Living and Glamour, but I can probably count on one hand the number of magazines I've actually sat and read. I tend to only sit down a read a magazine when I'm traveling or laying out by a pool. Instead, I have a piles of magazines in a few places around my house where the magazines stack up collecting dust.


So enter the Next Issue app for iPads and tablets - it's a digital subscription to your favorite magazines. I subscribe to a digital movie & TV service and to a digital music service, and Next Issue works very similar to services like those. You can download and the read magazine straight on your tablet. 


With Next Issue you have unlimited access to over 90 magazine titles - and it includes the current issue as well as back issues. I was really impressed with the magazine selection. They were ones I have or do subscribe to currently (like Real Simple, Oprah, and HGTV) and they even have weekly magazines like People & Time - how awesome is that?


You customize the library to what titles you want. One tap adds your picks to your personal library and new issues of your selected magazines automatically appear in your library. Tap any cover to open that magazine or browse the back issues.




With one account you can read titles on up to 5 devices - so you only need one per family! And I love that it eliminates all the paper to help you go green. I always felt bad throwing away old magazines, but I don't have to worry about that with Next Issue. 


If you're still not convinced, they offer a 30 day trial so you can try it for yourself and see what you think. 

I do wish the app was available for iPhone and Android because I would probably use it even more if it was available for my phone (think, standing in line at the grocery or waiting at Doctor's office) because I don't always have my iPad with me. 

The pricing is pretty reasonable and since there are titles that my husband likes too it seems like something we would get regular use out of. And I won't have magazine all over the house collecting dust anymore :)


  • Unlimited Basic: $9.99/month (access to all 84 monthly titles including current and back issues, e.g., Cooking Light, Esquire, Real Simple, Vanity Fair, Wired, etc.)
  • Premium: $14.99/month (unlimited access to all monthly and weekly titles including current and back issues, e.g., The New Yorker, People, Time, etc.)



I love this app and will probably actually read magazines if they are on my iPad...now I just need to get a waterproof case so I can read by the pool on our next vacation. Enjoy! 


I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis