Image Map

Grilled Peaches & Pound Cake with Vanilla Ice Cream

20 July 2013

Thanks to Smart & Final and Collective Bias for helping make me the dessert "hero" at our BBQ with this Grilled Pound Cake & Peaches with Vanilla Ice Cream. 


We're lucky here in Southern California that we can pretty much barbeque year-round. But you can't get fresh peaches year-round. And I love fresh peaches. So today, I wanted to create a dessert that incorporates peaches and the BBQ. 


When I was younger, I remember my mom introduced us to putting butter on a slice of pound cake and toasting it in the toaster oven. It is such a great easy dessert. so I decided I would do something similar, but use the BBQ instead of a toaster oven.


And what makes this a perfect summer dessert is that it doesn't use the oven. I know I hate putting my oven on when it's hot outside. All you have to do is keep the BBQ warm from your meal and toss the pound cake and peaches on when it's time for dessert.


This a great dessert to bring to a party because you can bring everything sliced up and prepared (which doesn't take long at all) and then throw on the grill when it's time for dessert. I grabbed all the ingredients before our BBQ that same night and had it ready to go in no time. I got everything I needed at Smart & Final, including the cute plastic black plates I served the dessert on. 
You can see all about my shopping trip for this dessert HERE.


Grilled Peaches & Pound Cake with Vanilla Ice Cream

Yields: 8 servings

 

Ingredients

1 package First Street Pound cake
8 ripe yellow peaches
1 carton vanilla bean ice cream
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
Butter cooking spray

Directions

  1. In a small together mix together the cinnamon & sugar. Slice each peach in half and remove the pit. Sprinkle the inside of each peach with 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon & sugar mixture. Slice the pound cake into 1 inch pieces.
  2. Heat the barbeque to medium-high heat. Spray each side of the pound cake and the inside of each peach with the butter spray. Place on the grill for 5-7 minutes or until pound cake is golden brown and the peaches start to caramelize.
  3. Remove from grill and then slice the peach halves into 4 slices and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon & sugar. On a plate put a piece of pound cake, 8 peach slices and then top with a scoop or two of ice cream. Enjoy!


And now you can be a "hero" easily too, by buying 2 First Market items at Smart and Final and you receive a free movie ticket to see Percy Jackson, Sea of Monsters Movie. How awesome is that?!?!


  
I will definitely be going to Smart & Final the next time I need a last minute dessert, especially if I can get a free movie ticket in the process ;) Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Ah, grilled peaches are so wonderful! This is such a wonderful dessert. If you haven't tried this yet, drizzle some honey over the grilled peaches. You will love it! Pinning this. :)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis